This website is controlled by the Company from its offices within Illinois. The Company complies with all laws of Illinois applicable to this website and to the Internet. Visitors who choose to visit this website from other jurisdictions do so on their own initiative. Those visitors are solely responsible for compliance with their local laws.
Changes to Website
Visitor On-line Conduct
You agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations in your use of the website. In addition, you agree to the following:
- To use this website only for its intended purposes.
- To not disrupt this website.
- To not interfere with or compromise the security of this website, or any computer, server, account, network, data, software and/or hardware associated with this website.
- To not disrupt or interfere with any other visitor's use of this website.
- To not attempt to obtain access to any portion of this website, any computer, server, account, network, software and/or hardware associated with the website, from which you are restricted.
- That you are solely responsible for any actions you undertake while visiting this website and that you will comply with all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations applicable to this website and the Internet, including United States copyright and export regulations.
- To not impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself and that all information you provide to gain access to the Services provided by this website is accurate and truthful.
- To not upload, post or otherwise distribute on this website any unlawful, threatening, obscene, pornographic, intimidating, libelous, defamatory or slanderous comments, jokes, images or content that are intended to or are likely to offend a reasonable person on the basis of his or her age, physical or mental disability, gender, race, religion, national origin, physical attributes, sexual preference, or any other classification that could produce any civil or criminal liability for either yourself or for the Company, its affiliates, employees, agents or any such similarly situated persons or entities.
Links To and From Other Web Pages
Links to third party websites or information are not intended, and should not be interpreted by visitors, as constituting or implying the Company's endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation of the third party information, products or services found there.
Copyright, Trademark and Intellectual Property
All information, content and material ("Content") made available by the Company through this website is owned by or licensed to the Company. The Company and its licensors retain all rights in this Content.
All Content, including, but not limited to the website design, text, drawings, photographs, graphics, sound recordings and video recordings are protected by copyrights owned by the Company and its licensors. The Content and any and all such copyrighted material may not be modified, copied, distributed, downloaded, displayed, e-mailed, transmitted, mirrored to any other website or server, or sold in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of the respective copyright owner.
The Company grants you permission to display, copy, distribute, print and/or download the Content on this website only for lawful purposes for your personal, non-commercial use only. If you display, copy, distribute, print and/or download the Content on this website, then you may not modify that Content and you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the Content. The permission granted herein terminates automatically if you breach these terms or conditions. Upon termination of the permission, you must immediately destroy any Content you displayed, copied, distributed, printed and/or downloaded.
The Company logo, Pelican, "We fill the bill" and "We do our best to say, ‘Yes’!" are either registered trademarks, trademarks, trade names, service marks, or otherwise protected property of the Company and may not be used, copied or imitated without the prior written consent of the Company. The Company's intellectual property may not be used in connection with any service or information that is not the Company's. The Company's intellectual property may not be used in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among consumers or in any manner that disparages the Company. Other trademarks, trade names, company names, service marks and otherwise protected property displayed on this website are the property of their respective owners and are subject to the terms and conditions applied by those owners to their intellectual property. The compilation of the Content on this website is the exclusive property of the Company and is protected by U.S. and International Copyright Law.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Transmission of Third Party Content
You may not upload, post or otherwise distribute on this website anything protected by copyright or other proprietary rights unless the owner of the applicable copyright or proprietary right has given you express authorization for such uploading, posting or distribution on the web.
Anything for which permission has been granted to upload, post or otherwise distribute must contain the notice "Copyright, 2001, Nationwide Acceptance LLC. Used by express permission."
The unauthorized use, uploading, posting, and/or distribution of Content protected by copyright or other proprietary rights is illegal and subjects the malfeasant to civil penalties and criminal prosecution.
The Company, its affiliates, officers directors, employees, agents or any such similarly situated persons or entities are not liable for damages resulting from any infringement resulting from your actions involving copyrighted or proprietary right protected material.
The Company, pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, designates Martin Less to receive complaints and notices of suspected copyright infringements. If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on the Company's website in a way that constitutes infringement, you may notify the Company by providing Martin Less the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, including the URL (i.e. web page address) of the location where the copyrighted work exists or a copy of the copyrighted work;
- Identification of the URL or other specific location on the Company's website where the material that you claim is infringing is located;
- Your address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Martin Less can be reached via e-mail at email@example.com and by US Mail at Martin Less, c/o Nationwide, 10255 West Higgins Road, Suite 300, Rosemont, IL 60018.
Ownership of Third Party Content
The Company may display Content supplied by visitors and other third parties on its website. The Company maintains no editorial control over this Content. The Content supplied by visitors and other third parties belongs to the respective owners of that Content.
THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE". THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING THE OPERATION OF THIS WEBSITE, THE CONTENT, INFORMATION, AND/OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE.
YOU AGREE TO VISIT THIS WEBSITE SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE, AND ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION AND/OR SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
NEITHER THE COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR REPRESENTATIVES WARRANT THAT THIS WEBSITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES OR THAT A VISITOR'S USE WILL BE CONTINUOUS AND/OR ERROR FREE.
NEITHER THE COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR REPRESENTATIVES MAKE ANY WARRANTIES THAT THE CONTENT, INFORMATION AND/OR SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE ARE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, OR CURRENT.
THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR REPRESENTATIVES DISCLAIMS, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMISSIBLE, ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
NEITHER THE COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR REPRESENTATIVES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE AND/OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY HAS BEEN MADE AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
NEITHER THE COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR REPRESENTATIVES, OR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, SERVING, HOSTING, MAINTAINING AND/OR UPDATING THIS WEBSITE SHALL BE LIABLE, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND/OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES ARISING FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DETERIORATION OR CORRUPTION OF FILES, DELETION OR CORRUPTION OF E-MAIL, ERRORS, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS, DEFECTS, VIRUSES, AND/OR DELAYS, THAT RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE, RESULTING FROM ACTS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ACTS OF GOD, NETWORK FAILURE, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE FAILURE, THEFT, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, THE COMPANY'S NEGLIGENCE OR YOUR OWN ERRORS AND/OR OMISSIONS, AND ANY OTHER CAUSE, EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU AGREE THAT THIS SECTION APPLIES TO ALL CONTENT, GOODS AND SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE.
IN ANY JURISDICTION WHERE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR ANY TYPE OF DAMAGES IS PROHIBITED, THE COMPANY'S LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY THAT JURISDICTION.
Survival and Severability
Choice of Law, Venue and Jurisdiction. Claims relating to this website or any Service, to the use of this website, and to the information, content, material, and Services available through this website are governed by federal laws and the laws of the State of Illinois without regard to its conflict of law principles. You hereby unconditionally, voluntarily, and irrevocably consent to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Illinois for any litigation concerning this website, your use of this website and any information received through this website. (You agree not to plead forum non conveniens in any such action.)